Below is a recipe for my Honey Beer Chicken – one of my favorites that I came up with during my college days. This recipe is great if you’re working on a low-carb or no-carb diet. Let me know what you think!
- 1Tbl spoon Avocado oil (or other high smoke point oil)
- 1lb Boneless chicken tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce – low sodium
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep on plate covered with foil or paper towel
- Add shallots to pan; cook 1 minute or until translucent.
- Combine beer and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add beer mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Return chicken to pan; turn to coat with sauce. Sprinkle evenly with parsley.